Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extra power mag spring for Stock 2

YVK

This is almost insulting to my intelligence but I cannot install Wolff extra power magazine springs. I have Stock 2 and I bought a set of Wolff springs, stock # 74273 (3 pack) https://www.gunsprings.com/EAA/WITNESS%20SERIES%20/cID1/mID19/dID100#853. The way those springs are wound on both ends, they don't fit the retaining plate.I clipped a couple of springs to make them fit but even then it is a lousy fit.

How do you guys do it? Do I have wrong springs or I need different retaining plates?

Edited by YVK

I bought these once and just throw them into junk pile because they are not really compatible with the K-9/Mec-Gar large frame mags at all. These are probably more for small frame/CZ style mags. I'd go to Ben's shop to buy the large frame K9 compatible mag springs. They are a perfect fit.

That's a factory spring. It shouldn't be any different from what my K-mags came with, should it? I am pretty sure that my Stock 2 needs stronger mag springs than that.

My Stock 2 doesn't feed as reliably as I'd like it to and I am not the only person who has experienced that. I've been working on this patiently and systematically, and I am convinced that the magazine spring tension is a part of this problem, if not The problem.

Edited by YVK

Thank you. After I posted my initial question, I came to a similar solution - use mag pads that don't require retaining plates, especially that those retaining plates break regularly for me. I went with Grauffel pads because I also wanted to buy a spare extractor and only Eric's shop had them, so I ordered all in one shipment. I will mate them with Wolff springs and see what happens.