Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from CO!

matteekay

Hi folks,

I'm Matt from Colorado. I've been shooting about two years now and competing for a touch over six months (USPSA, ICORE, and bowling pin matches). I'm terrible, but going slow, learning and having fun.

Despite having smaller hands I only really shoot revolvers. I think my brain might be broken? My mains are a S&W 10-7 (full PPC Aristocrat setup, action job, milled for moons) and a Chiappa Rhino 40DS (Stage II trigger, large grips, combat rear sight). I'm also a Kydex hobbyist and I'm hoping to start reloading soon. I came on board here because I'm currently reading "Practical Shooting" and figured there'd be some like-minded folks around. So far, the book has been equal parts fascinating and overwhelming - I think a few re-reads might be in order.

Anyhow, hello!

Welcome aboard, Matt.

Sounds like you're doing everything right (except shooting USPSA with a revolver???), but

you're reading good stuff and planning on reloading -

You'll find all the help here you can imagine, and then some ...

Good luck, and welcome. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I'm awful at replying.

Thanks for the welcome, folks! I'm doing a deep dive into the Reloading forum right now as I'm starting to set up my bench.

Hi-Power Jack, do you know what's worse than shooting USPSA with a revolver? Doing it with a 6-shot minor revolver, lol. I'll move up to a 627 eventually but I shoot Limited 6 in ICORE. And I'm not a tycoon of any sort so I can't have all the toys at once.

Yup, .38 only. Once I figure it all out I might try to switch to .38 Short Colt for easier reloads.

I haven't ordered the press yet but I'm about 90% sure it's going to be the Lee Classic Turret and probably a hand-primer for competition loads. I only shoot two matches a month (about 300 rounds total) so it seems like a good balance of price and speed.