Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Loader 9MM Question

m1mark

Hi everyone,

I have done a good amount of rifle reloading and just recently got inot reloading pistol.

I have a used 550 that I modified to a 550B and cleaned up and got working. Made up some 9mm using winchester 124 RN and wsf powder. Shot OK in my G34 but not as acurate as I would like.

I got some sample packs from Blue Bullets 125RN and 147RN to try out to be less expensive to shoot. First loads I have tried were:

125RN

1.155 COL

CCI primers

Used RP Brass

Tried 4.1 and 4.3 WSF loads.

I found the 4.1 loads seemed to shoot better than 4.3 and better than the 115 Blazer Brass I compared it to. It also seemed to eject in a more consistent pattern.

I am newer at pistol shooting with maybe a thousand rounds or so fired between my guns( G34 and CZ75b) and not shooting matches yet, so I am not worried about a chrono load yet.

My question is: If I have a relatively good load is it worth trying to decrease COL and see if I get any better accuracy? Or load up a bunch at 4.1 and get some more practice since I might not be accurate enough yet to notice a difference.

I know these loads wont pass plunk test in my CZ since it is down around 1.105 so I am just going to stick with loads my Glock for now.

Thanks, Mark

Something to consider is the Blue Bullets are .355 in diameter, I got much better accuracy when I tried the Black Bullets (also 125 grain) which are .356 in diameter. Loads otherwise were identical, using the same powder, primer, OAL, etc.

So an option might be to get a small sample packs of different manufacturers, (Black Bullets, Acme, or Bayou are other popular choices) and see if a different diameter helps improve the accuracy of your recipe in your gun.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

the 4.1 loads seemed to shoot better than 4.3 and better than the 115 Blazer Brass I compared it to.

is it worth trying to decrease COL and see if I get any better accuracy? Or load up a bunch at 4.1 and get some more practice

1. What kind of groups are you shooting at 20 yards with each (4.1, 4.3 and Blazer)?

2. YES. Do both ... load up a whole bunch at 4.1, and get a LOT of practice, while you continue

to experiment with variables (bullets, powders, etc) to get better accuracy.

Do them all, ..... :)

Some CZ shooters have reported problems with the .355 diameter Blue Bullets. I am one of them. They shoot great from pistols with polygonal rifling, but from my pistols with land and groove rifling, they'll throw a significant flyer once or twice out of ten rounds.

As already recommended, you may want to try some of the other brands: ACME, Bayou, SNS, BBI.

Ans as already recommended, yes, tinker with all variables trying to tune it in.

Thanks for the replies. I am definitely going to use up the rest of the samples I have. And looking into getting some more samples from the others. I had not read yet the issue with the CZ bullet diameter so I will note that in my reloading book and get some of the larger diameter for it when I start loading for it. Slugging the barrel would be interesting. I know alot of people do it with the older military rifles I have dealt with mostly.

Mark