Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Race master magazine pouch

czambesi

I bought a couple race master pouches for my limited set up (metal ones). The issue is they come with 2 sets of inserts (2011 and CZ) and I was advised I would have to sand some but I wasn't expecting the amount of sanding. Does anyone know of anyone who sells inserts for these pouches for the M&P? Before i order a replacement insert and sell the pouches to go a different direction I wanted to ask. Thanks for the assist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I just emailed DAA asking about the spacers and fit of the Racer (Plastic) pouches. They replied and said the pouches come with all the inserts you will need and they should work 100% with the M&P mags. I ordered 5 of them today. I guess I'll find out when they show up.

Ok so I got the Racer (Plastic) pouches.

They come with 2 side spacers (the one with the leg on it to capture the mag and keep it from sliding all the way through the pouch and out the bottom), one thin and one thick. The thin one is installed from the factory. This is the only one that works with M&P mags, the thick one is way too thick, the mag won't even insert.

Also comes with 3 tension spacers (these sit at the rear of the mag, have the steel spring pressing on them) which is what moves when you adjust the tension wheel. 3 sizes here, small/medium/large (or thin, thicker, thickest). The M&P mags seem to fit between the medium/large. Medium will work but you have to use up all of the adjustment on the tension wheel, and it is just barely enough. I went with the large, they take almost NO adjustment of the tension wheel, perhaps 1/2 turn just to take the rattle off the spring after you install them. I'm hoping that as the springs wear in it will be "just right".

Hope this helps anyone considering the Racer's. 

Edited by ToneSurfer
spelling/grammar

• 1 month later...