Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jp's Heat Sink

askomiko

It's primarily designed for high volume varminters who want to keep bbl temps under control during long firing sessions.

I have yet to see anyone with one on an IPSC rifle.

I will bet a few folk will be looking at installing one for the next ITRC after the AR overheating stories I have heard ;-)

--

Regards,

• 1 year later...

I have a buddy who had one put on his rifle. I have shot his rifle on a couple of occasions and the heat sink definitely does its jobs. It transfers plenty of heat from the barrel but it seems to me to simply heat the handguard up more than on a rifle without it. Not enough to be a dealbreaker but somewhat irritating.

I have a heat sink on my latest JP rifle. It does work. I am in Florida, lately temp has averaged about 95. The barrel with the heat sink cools much faster than the one without.

Will probably put one on the other rifle also.

I have been using one with the new JP handgard for several months now and they work well toghether. The first thing I noticed at this years ironman was that the gun cooled off faster after a COF. The second was that I didn't need to be too cautious about getting burnt by touching the gas tube with the new handgard. The evolution of the CTR is way cool. I don't think you will be disappointed if you go down this road.

There is no noticeable weight diffs. between my older CTR and the new one.

Sterling

Edited by gmw2b