Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red dot question

93notch

Hey all we recently purchased an open gun that has the c-more style mount on it that is attached to the frame. The C-more did not come with it, but was looking at other options on sights. Is it possible to mount a vortex venom or razor red dot on the c-more mount?

From what I read in this forum, Razor red dot would work with Cmore rts2/sts, they have same profile from bottom. Haven't tried it myself tho... Cheely or Arredondo mounts I've seen with razor red dot!

Bryan

I was in the same position a few weeks ago. I bought a used pistol that included a frame mount for a C-More, but not the sight. All my other "action" pistols wear slide mounted dots, so I considered changing the mount out. I decided to go with a 6MOA C-More, just to see if it lived up to its reputation. I like it. The dot is almost 2" above the bore axis, so you really have to choose your zero range carefully. You also have to learn to aim high on close shots. I'm not quite used to it yet, but more draw practice will cure that. All-in-all, I like it.

Frame mounts set up for C-More do not require adapters or any such to work. The sight attaches directly to the mount. The Slide Ride is the "bare bones" C-More and does not come with any adapters. It attaches directly to frame mounts or slides. Add a detachable Picatinny rail to a Slide Ride and it becomes a Railway. Add different adapters and the Slide Ride becomes other names.