Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New P320 Grip and Slide Release?

jimmy1256

I received a new Caliber Exchange Kit last Friday. Not my first. However in this latest kit there was a new style Med. Grip frame with a "fence" molded into the slide release area, and a replacement slide release lever with instillation instructions. This new lever is about 1/2 the size of the old levers on my FCUs. I haven't installed it yet because I don't have a problem with the old levers. I've herd of people resting there thumb on the old lever causing the slide to not lock open after the last round but, it just hasn't happened to me. It appears that with this new grip and lever combination it would be almost impossible to manually lock the slide open during "show clear" but I suppose you could just hold the slide back and just release it at "slid forward". I guess I may try it on one of my FCUs but that means I would only be able to use it with the new grip too.

Any body else seen this yet and have any thoughts?

Jim.

• 3 weeks later...

I put the new style slide release on my 320 and it help me from causing the slide not to lock open. I'm still using the old style grip module. I did buy a new style grip module with the fence around the slide release but haven't tried it yet