Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 Set screw

Found a set screw under my press yesterday, cant figure out where it came from, fits the smallest allen wrench in the tool kit. Thought it might be from the shell plate bolt but that is larger and in place.

Thanks for the help

Get out your manual turn to page 41 and see figure 194.

Smallest set screw on the 650 that I can think of, is that one that adjusts the station #2 locator.

Part 9 in the exploded view on page 55.

Edited by jmorris

It was between the strong mounts, have no idea!!!!! Dont know if there are any in the primer system, had that off a couple times lately, will give that a shot next.

​Thanks
Sarge

Sounds fun for a Friday Night. "Searching for the mysterious found set screw". It will turn out to be from something unrelated to the press. Ha!

Nothing like having extra fasteners in your pocket when you visit an obsessive complusive buddy.

If it was important you'll have problems, like with primer seating had it been the adjuster for the #2 locator. Stick it to something behind a strip of tape and when something doesn't work, you will know where to find the solution.

The only other tiny set screw I can think of on the 650 is what they call the casefeed arm stop pin (page 52 part 2). I don't know why they call it a pin but it is a set screw.

Edited by jmorris

• 1 year later...