Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tri-glide

Flyin40

How much tinkering did everyone have to do with this sear spring. Is the middle leaf already set or does it have to be adjusted???

I know how to do the left leaf but never messed with the middle and not sure I want to buy the Tri-Glide if I have too.

Flyin40

Most of the tinkering involved is getting only the ball-bearing to contact the disconnector on the middle spring. You may have to bend the head of the spring to adjust the ball-bearing contact. Other than that I leave the springs pretty much flat.

Nolan

Well I received the tri-glide and installed it. I'm getting a little under a 2 1/2 trigger pull. I did have to mess with the left spring some but left the middle leaf alone.

I do have one question. The right leaf is basically flat and once everything is back together theres no spring pressure on the grip safety. The hammer will drop without touching the grip safety. Which I have been considering pinning the safety anyways. I was wondering if the spring and grip safety should be like that??

Flyin40

Well I shot the gun today and I had a double and every other one the hammer fell.

Luckly I only loaded a few rounds in the gun. I think I had 3 in and 2 went off at once. This spring needs some work and I'm not sure how to do it. I'll have to do some more researching to figure it out. I believe I read that it was the middle spring that would cause the double. Which way should it be bent and whats the best way to tell if theres enough tension.

BTW I put my other sear spring in soon after trying the tri-glide. I did install the 15lb mainspring and didn't have any light hits in 400rds. I'm at a 2 3/4 pound trigger pull right now.

I think I need to do alot of searching on the site for trigger work.

Thks

Flyin40

Make sure the little top tab on the left leg is always contacting the sear, and not hanging up on the frame. I had this problem and it caused doubles like crazy until I snapped that little tab off (not my initial intention, but it worked... until I ditched the stupid tri-glide spring entirely).