Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 owners-help me!

Hello all, I will have a 1050 set up in 223. dies and all. I dont shoot 223 I only shoot 9mm. I am buying the press because I am getting a decent deal on it. What will I have to list or what is the easiest way to get this set up in 9mm?

I know the information is out there but Im getting confused on what I will have and what I will need to do this. I know I'll need a new case feeder plate, Probably a new powder die.. What else? Also are the casefeeder plates the same for the 550, 650, and 1050 casefeeders?

You need 9mm dies ( PN 14406 ) , a 9mm 1050 conversion ( PN 20482 ) and the small pistol casefeeder plate ( PN 21073 )

That's it.

Thank you that is what I thought but wasnt sure. how about the powder die?

That's in the 9mm conversion kit along with all the other parts you need, except dies and case feed plate as he noted.

If you don't get all of the parts that came with the 1050 originally you also might need the small powder bar for your measure.

Everything should be new in the package as it comes from dillon. So there is another powder bar for the measure that should come with it, Thanks. I have dies. Is the case feeder plate the same on the 550,650,and 1050? Ive heard of people using hornadys case feeder plates on dillons case feeder for the 650. Anyone have any experience with interchangeability with hornady case feeder plates and the 1050 casefeeder?

You need 9mm dies ( PN 14406 ) , a 9mm 1050 conversion ( PN 20482 ) and the small pistol casefeeder plate ( PN 21073 )

That's it.

The caliber-specific Powder Funnel comes in the Caliber Conversion Kit. The non-caliber specific Powder Die you can use from the existing setup.

That's it.

The caliber-specific Powder Funnel comes in the Caliber Conversion Kit. The non-caliber specific Powder Die you can use from the existing setup.

Awesome, that clears up my confusion. Thank you almighty one. :D:cheers:

I will say for a press that say in a box for 15 years Dillon did a good job from the factory greasing this machine. No rust anywhere except for the powder die. The insert is rusted. Other than that this thing is mint. I can't wait to start pulling the handle on this.