Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Two hands or only one...

Mo Zee

When you are running or moving from box to box, you obviously get more momentum when you move(run) with one of your hands swinging at your side, my question is when moving(running) anywhere from 3 - 8 meters(yards) is it advisable to hold the gun with both hands for quicker target presentation or is it better to move with one hand holding the gun and then present the gun afterwards with the usual grip???nut.gif

...Hope I make sense with my long sentence...nut.gif

Thanx

------------------------------------------------------------------------

War doesn't justify who's right. War does justify who's left.  shootout.gif

Remember, it's not how fast you get there, but how fast you get there ready to shoot.

I try and keep both hands on the gun unless it is a distance longer than 10 yards. After 10 yards, I can move a bit faster with only one hand on the gun and also have plenty of time to readjust my grip and get ready before I get to the next shooting position.

I guess I am in the minority opinion along with Jake. Maybe it depends on how well you move and how explosive you are. In this era of close targets, I am usually shooting while I leave and shooting again as I arrive.

In your example, you ask about a distance of 3 to 8 yards. My stride is over 40 inches even on a slow lope so I just keep two hands on the pistol. Getting the grip back costs me more in terms of attention than the pay off gained on the clock from running for one or two steps with one hand on the pistol. Your mileage may vary.