Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So why no CZ 75 170mm mag extensions?

dogtired

I know, who needs them? I see many 140 extensions for the CZ75, I see a lot of formulas out there for cobbling some together. Grams has springs and followers for 170. Springer makes TS 170mm mag extensions.

It seems like it would be a small tweak to a CNC program to add length to the 140mm program. Who needs some?

Taylor, Springer, Taran, CZ Custom, Henning all make 140's for the small frame (I am sure I am missing a few). Is it just me?

I can't say why they are not offered.... I can say it's more then a tweak in the code as I'm doing what I can to make them myself. The 140mm pads simply need to allow the spring to go into the basepad pocket. 170 requires the bullet and follower as well. I'm still working on getting them right for LG frame Tanfoglio but small frame and CZ is next!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Unlike TS where there is a 170mm mag body, there does't exist the same for CZ75/SP01. Here's my understanding of best ways to get to 170mm 9mm for CZ75:

1) have 2 mag bodies welded to get to length, basically the second one extends bullet/follower area, and you have it sized to existing pad, like CZC short pad

2) use the 26 round CZ75 magazine, then modify basepad/length slightly to get it under 170mm, because as-is too long. You get more bullets with CZC follower and spring.

• 1 year later...

I am playing with a Promag 20 round mag.  It fits 26 with a Grams spring and follower as is.  Trying to find a Plus 2 extension that will keep me under 170mm.  Another poster said the CZ short will do it but I don't have one of those on hand.

It function tested pretty favorably except it you apply pressure on the mag base while shooting i.e. resting it on a table on my witness, worked perfectly in my CZ.

Edited by dogtired

I ended up taking a 32rd pro mag and cutting it down to 170mm with a flat base pad. Also replaced the internals with the gram follower/spring setup and it holds 27rd and has ran flawless so far. 

I should also note that I removed the finish on the mag and removed some material in areas to get it to drop free.

• 3 weeks later...

I just received a "plus one" extension for 20 round Promag.  It is a CZ-UB manufactured item imported by Armory Craft.   It offers ample space in the gauge, about 3mm short, looks good and easy to install, uses a set screw to keep it from sliding off.  I am getting 27 in which should be reloadable as it will take about 27.5 rounds.  I tried a "plus two" which required milling several mm off the bottom which destroyed its function.  Promag about $25, Grams spring and follower about $18, Basepad about $32, = $75.

E6516A10-94A8-446C-832B-EABB8C6223BF.jpg

Edited by dogtired