Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apeiro Slide Modification - Request for photoshop, or 3D modeling help

I found some pictures from various gunsmiths that have done some similar things to what I am looking to have done. Looks pretty sweet in real life, just trying to decide if it will still compliment the sabertooth rear serrations of the Apeiro... (I think so...)

post-33893-0-48647900-1469555322_thumb.jpost-33893-0-40505000-1469555291_thumb.j

A little more physical cutting and pasting, lol. A little crude but still getting the idea across. Do you all think it looks alright with the rear sabertooth serrations? Of course all the colors will match in real life...

post-33893-0-55539400-1469640374_thumb.p

A little more physical cutting and pasting, lol. A little crude but still getting the idea across. Do you all think it looks alright with the rear sabertooth serrations? Of course all the colors will match in real life...

attachicon.gif2016-07-27 12_24_59-Cut_N_Paste_07.27.16.tif - Windows Photo Viewer.png

It looks good, but I highly recommend taking an equal amount of weight from the rear of the slide as well. If you want to keep the rear serrations you could take it from beneath the rear sight and inside the slide.

The try top will be full length so that will keep things balanced. But, you think the amount removed for the butler cut, plus the front serrations with the lightening cuts is enough weight to make the balance of the gun feel weird in recoil? I remember reading your thread about even weight removal, but I can quite recall the conclusion, other than you want it even...