Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nutrition

Pepper Popper

Not sure if this is the right spot for this but here i go any way: what do you do for Nutrition ? I searched this sight and did not find 1 topic on this very imporant issue, if you are physically or mentaly fatigued then you will make mistakes and not be performing at 100%. Now don't get me wrong i have no PHD lmnop in nutrition. But i have ran a few triathlons and sort of incorporated some of the nutrition learned their over to  this sport. So here is what i take before a match and during.

Ginkgo Biloba 120mg      Improves mental alertness

vitamin C         500mg

vitamin E         500mg

Ginseng panx                  Gives you energy with out the

jitters of caffeine

Power jel

Endurox R4                      Energy drink this stuff is Awsom, proven to improve physical performance up to 55% and post-exercise muscle stress by 36%. of coarse

i eat a light breakfast and then lunch at the break...well this is just some food for thought let me know what you do for nutrition at a match...

I find I am sometimes too worked up to eat a big breakfast but I force some down. I haven't been able to drop coffee. Its wakes me up. What has really helped me is eating bananas, candy bars, cereal bars, hard candy, ensure/boost all day in small amounts, if its a big match. Simple food to prevent upset stomach. I think it also prevents concentration loss and physicial fatigue to eat a lot of small meals. I also drink LOTS of water before and during the match.

Even though this isn't really nutrition, if it's possible I like to run a few miles on the morning of the match. It really helps to relax me and actually gives me energy for the rest of the day. I also try to stay very well hydrated through the entire day. I won't bring any supplements to a match (I have enough at home). Usually the best thing for me is just to bring some fruit in a small cooler.

• 4 weeks later...

TIS,  if I ran a few miles before the match, I'd be relaxing on a strecher... I'm with Ron on this one, the Cafe' Au Lait and beignets, on the way to the match, on the way to work, on the way home from work, weekend mornings, ect.... have got to stop!