Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 TS Czechmate 9mm

nunez

I saw a beautiful Czechmate Open Pistol with Comp at my local gun shop and purchased it. I shot it and it wouldn't extract any minor ammo. I'm a bit over my head at this point and seems like I need a lower lb recoil spring. Is there a such thing as a captured recoil spring for the CZ? If so or not, please provide a link with exactly what I need to purchase to use minor ammo to practice with.

Thank you, much appreciated!

Anthony

Well. If shooting factory ammo for practice the comp isnt doing anything. You could remove it. I think the czechmate comes with 2 barrels (I'm not positive anymore) if so just install the one without the comp. If not, unscrew comp and shoot factory ammo for practice. Just an option

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help. I'm interested in running the comp with minor ammo instead of having the remove it all the time.

Where can I buy the recoil spring guide casting with the guide rod, so I can have to full recoil spring assemblies to be able to go back and forth quickly?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

I have a 9lb spring in mine and I can shoot factory 9mm and 9mm major (172 PF) with the same spring. I have heard some Czechmates do and some don't. You can get springs from CZ Custom Shop or Cajun Gun Works.

Although my czechmate is like butter and I am able to run minor and major with stock spring, you might need a slight break in before running factory minor consistently. The comp doesn't work that much with minor, but the extra weight out front might help you.

I like the recoil impulse of my 10lb for minor loads, so I'd also prefer two guide rod assemblies to make swapping back and forth easier.

• 2 years later...
On 5/1/2016 at 5:09 PM, nunez said:

Thanks for the help. I'm interested in running the comp with minor ammo instead of having the remove it all the time.

Where can I buy the recoil spring guide casting with the guide rod, so I can have to full recoil spring assemblies to be able to go back and forth quickly?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

In my experience, the Czechmate will shoot (with the comp and factory spring) factory ammo. Granted, I shoot slightly hot factory ammo. The same gun (and the same ammo) will also run with a 10lb spring. I honestly believe it's a matter of finding the ammo / spring combo that gives you optimal recoil characteristics.

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2019 at 4:41 PM, muncie21 said:

Holy necro post batman.  Hope the OP didn't wait 3 years for that tidbit of info

This remains one of Google's top threads on the Czechmate :) It is helpful to document facts for posterity, to save other shooters time.