Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help ID'ing an Older Tanfo Open Pistol

Hello, I recently got this very cool (for me at least) Tanfoglio open pistol in a trade, and I'm trying to find out more about it.

It was from a gentleman who just collects pistols for the mechanical joy of them, and he didn't know too much about it. The pistol had never been fired, came with 8 magazines, and had a SA trigger like a bolt action rifle, so that was all I needed to know to make the trade.

-The only markings on it are "FT- Made in Italy" on the left hand side below the safety, and "CAL 9" on the right, along with "Read warnings before using guns."

-It is a small frame, in that it takes CZ 75 magazines.

-The barrel is comped with a 3 port vertical cut, but the barrel is unported.

-It is drilled for a scope mount only on the left hand side, and the cocking serrations are very fine, unlike the newer, thicker cuts.

Does anyone know what model and era Tanfoglio this is? My best guess was an older 'Gold Team' but I have been unable to find an image online that exactly matches this pistol, and I'm quite curious to know more about it.

Thanks for your help,

-Mark

post-63667-0-46720000-1461741841_thumb.j

So I did a little bit more digging and it appears to be a Gold Team from circa 1992-1993. I actually came across the pretty much exact model in this vintage Tanfoglio ad, and then even more randomly, on the "Internet Movie Firearm Database," as Wesley Snipes's home defense gun in the 1993 movie Rising Sun. Super random but I'll take it.

post-63667-0-93070500-1461839825_thumb.j

post-63667-0-99417600-1461839912_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

There is a Silver Team on gunbroker right now no reserve current bid only $350 he says it's never been fired. I'd buy it if I had the extra money right now. So if any of you are interested it's on there now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

There is a Silver Team on gunbroker right now no reserve current bid only $350 he says it's never been fired. I'd buy it if I had the extra money right now. So if any of you are interested it's on there now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It's a .40 and has a standard frame, I would skip it.