Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC-Ptic and PCC-Iron

Jim Norman

I just tried to add PCC-Optic to a USPSA/IPSC Match. Seems to allow me to type it in, but it doesn't allow me to save this. IPad, latest version. We have a growing number of people want to shoot this.

Am I missing something?

The board meeting minutes said the integration would be in June or July, I assume that's referring to software too.

Also I was not aware that irons and optic would be separated? I was of the understanding that PCC was the division and optic or iron was the shooters option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll give that a try, right now it seems I cannot add a division in the IPAD using USPSA/IPSC as the match type.

I was going to try and duplicate this but I'm running a beta version. Under divisions it already shows PCC. I'll try it on a non-beta version when I get home and see if I can get PCC to add or not.

OK, apparently is is me, not an issue. I found out I was not completing the task properly. I have now done so and PCC and PCC Optic are now included in our match. Hey, even a blind squirrel finds the occasional acorn!

Jim,

the one time I added PCC as a division to a Lvl 1 match, all was fine until I went to generate the Activity Report. That's when I got blocked by Practiscore.

Until PCC is officially recognized by USPSA (not until July from what we read), and Practiscore is updated to reflect the new division, you'll probably get an error message when you create the Activity/Classifier Report on the iPad. So what I did (right, wrong, or desperate) was to change the PCC'ers to Open in order to create the Activity Report. Fortunately that match did not have a classifier, so didn't have to worry about somebody getting a pistol classification using a long gun. When I researched my issue, two options I read about: 1. Change PCC to Open or 2. delete the PCC shooters. Had my match included a classifier I probably would have deleted the PCC'ers prior to generating the Activity Report.

I suspect we'll have to download a newer version of PS in July-ish.

Yeah, separate match always an Option. In retrospect I could have since I put all the PCC'ers on the same squad so we'd be consistent with start positions etc. Its water under the bridge, and I told folks we'd wait until July to start offering PCC. I did do an act of contrition with my AD: "forgive me father for I have sinned and offered PCC before it was approved... but it was too much fun not to give it a try!" He absolved me and told me to go clean the drool off my lower lip.