Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 320 slide stop issues.

p7fl

Bought the gun 1 ½ years ago to shoot production again. Liked it and got great results.

Negative was I kept locking the slide back. At least twice a Match I would go to slide lock during a stage. Never mastered the Sig hold, Put the gun away waiting for the new smaller slide stop.

It arrived a few weeks ago. Works perfectly, no slide lock backs while firing.

But, the slide release is heavy, it has created a deep cut into my thumb.

Slide will release but it is painful and distracting. Sling-shoting is not something I wish to do, but it works.

Looking for ideas, I do like the way the gun works… if I could figure out the slide stop problem.

Thanks,

jon

Jon,

My slide stop is also very, very heavy to release. Constant use and wear have alleviated this somewhat. The typical answer would be to keep messing around with the gun and shooting it as the parts will wear in with time and use and become easier to operate.

With rounds in a fresh mag, the release isnt as hard as it once was. With no rounds in the magazine and the follower engaging the slide stop, the slide stop is still almost impossible to release unlike my well worn Glocks.

I'm assuming it's the pressure from the slide on the stop that's making it hard to release. Have you tried a lighter recoil spring with one of the aftermarket guide rods?

Magsz:

Post PRK I can actually see the front sight.

Any more time with the small sig release and I'm going to need a thumb replacement implant. :mellow:

JAFO: sounds interesting, I'll be seeing one of the Sig Team guys in the next week or two and ask where I can find the parts.

thx jon

Aftermarket rods can be had from GGI or Springer Precision. I believe the springs to use with them are standard 1911 recoil springs, which is nice because it gives you a lot of weight range options. I would imagine all of the Team Sig guns are running that way.

I finally got some of the new slide catches a week or two ago and I literally feel your pain. My theory is that the slide catches were designed to work with the new style grip modules that have a nice tall wall around that part.

With that wall there they are comfortable enough to use but with my long thumbs when I tried them in combination with an old style grip I caught my thumb on the sharp point and quickly switched it back out for the older style.

The Large and Small grips I bought from SIG in the last week both have the new style box around the new slide catch area and they included a new style slide catch with the grip for free. I am going to work on texturing up a new grip for myself and then switch to the new slide catch to confirm that it resolves the issues of it being a bit pointy. I also pointed this issue out to Bruce to relay to SIG to ensure the new competition P320s don't ship with the new release without addressing this issue.

Alma:

thank you. Definitely post if you can solve the issue. I tried a new 320 out at my LGS yesterday and the release on it was just as bad as the new small one installed on my 320.

Took off the new slide stop and I'm going to run the gun Sunday and just hope not to go to slide lock.

jon

JAFO: Also, spoke to Springer Precision and they said a lighter spring would not help the issue. Good try !! thx

Funny I have the exact opposite problem. Mine hardly ever locks back. I think with my grip I ride it and keep it depressed.

Blue Jacket:

If you want the smaller slide release to try out. I paid SIG about $50.00 for it and a 2nd spring.

How about you send $25.00 to the American Cancer Society and I'll mail it to you.