Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red insert for CK Arms magwell?

Novock

You can dye the white insert using RIT laundry dye. Heat a pot of water to boiling, add the dye and reduce the heat to just barely keep the water boiling and submerge the insert for about 2 minutes, check the color, if too light put it back for a couple more minutes, repeat as necessary. For more information check the RC model forums, ignore the advice about using Acetone, salt, etc... Hot water works just fine! We have dyed Acetal (Delrin) many times using this method for various projects at work.

can you post up a link to the black insert?

Matt Cheely told me about the Black one. It is what they are putting in my Pistol CK Arms is building. Not sure where to find a link, but Matt or Bobby could probably get you taken care of.

You can dye the white insert using RIT laundry dye. Heat a pot of water to boiling, add the dye and reduce the heat to just barely keep the water boiling and submerge the insert for about 2 minutes, check the color, if too light put it back for a couple more minutes, repeat as necessary. For more information check the RC model forums, ignore the advice about using Acetone, salt, etc... Hot water works just fine! We have dyed Acetal (Delrin) many times using this method for various projects at work.

I am going to try this!

are the inserts plastic or aluminum? i never took mine off so, not really sure whether is plastic or aluminum, if plastic will the boiling water damage the insert?

sorry for my newbie questions

are the inserts plastic or aluminum? i never took mine off so, not really sure whether is plastic or aluminum, if plastic will the boiling water damage the insert?

The inserts are plastic. Delrin does pretty good in high heat, from what I understand.

The inserts are plastic. Delrin does pretty good in high heat, from what I understand.

Thanks for your reply, will search a little bit more before i make a decision to dye it or not

Thanks for your reply, will search a little bit more before i make a decision to dye it or not

The melting point of Polyoxymethlyene, Delrin, is 347 Fahrenheit (175 C). You should be fine.

The melting point of Polyoxymethlyene, Delrin, is 347 Fahrenheit (175 C). You should be fine.

Thanks again~ looks like i can go ahead and do it then.