Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ibejiheads pricing

njl

I tried the obvious (emailing them), but got no response. Anyone know why (at least in all the bullet size/weights I've looked at), the price per bullet delivered goes up when going from the 500 count to 1000 count, and then back down (below the @500 price) at the case quantity?

i.e. It's a couple bucks cheaper to order 2x500 than 1x1000...and if you really like them, its cheaper per bullet to order by the case quantity. I'm used to seeing that sort of thing in the grocery store from time to time, but don't think I've ever seen it with bullets.

I'm sure it has something to do with the shipping costs. As they include shipping within the price. And normally a case will just make it into a USPS medium flat rate box. I'm sure smaller quantities actually cost them more to ship.

We have shot with the owner Alex, in many matches. He is a big supporter of USPSA shooting, and sponsors several area matches. He is always giving us breaks with shipping costs and such(we do order by the pickup truck load). So if his pricing is more for the 1,000 round lot, there is a very good reason for it. But like others have said, just order by the case, you won't regret it.

I probably will just order a case next time. I started out with 500 of the 200gr .45 TC to try out. It just seems silly that 1000 costs more than 2x500.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack your thread but has anyone ordered the 180 40's in .400 and can confirm they measure .400? I have been getting .401s and having trouble with them bulging my cases and ended up with a lot of rejects. I have tried everything...next step is to try the smaller bullet or a different bullet.

Lead bullets should be .401 to properly seal in the barrel. Do you have enough flare on your cases to start the bullet without bulging your cases? Have you checked you expander die plug to make sure it's not undersized?

A difference of .001" bullet diameter shouldn't create or solve case bulging.

Edited by Postal Bob