Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Razor red dot on my Edge

mscott

I'm thinking that I am going to convert my 9mm Edge into an Open gun. I bought a couple of used mounts from the classifieds and made one of them work for a 6 moa Razor red dot. The mount was for a Trijicon, but I cut the pins off and drilled it for the Vortex using 8-32 mounting screws. Drilled and tapped my frame and was in business. A comp will obviously be next, but this is pretty nice to shoot with my 147 grain loads as it is. I'll be adding a slide racker and likely flat top the slide. This will mostly be used with minor ammo for multigun. I already have a Trubor for major loads.The sideways C-More still has the dot lower, but I'm liking the more compact Razor. Only time will tell if it holds up.

post-7061-0-94205400-1459594639_thumb.jp

post-7061-0-78916200-1459594661_thumb.jp

post-7061-0-95205600-1459594740_thumb.jp

Nice work! Do you notice difference in sighting comparing with 90deg c-more?

Slide racker looks like DIY. Is it?

Haven't had the chance to get them to the range for any sort of comparison yet. I've been curious about the smaller sights and already had the Razor, so thought I'd try it out on a pistol. It seems cool with the 5 minutes of dry fire I've put into it, but we'll see.

Slide racker on the Trubor is a Shooter's Connection piece that I heated and bent down.