Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What does the icon on this headstamp mean?

andyroth

The symbol is a "Neroxin" and represents a primer (circle) with an arrow striking the center of the primer. I believe Neroxin is the trade name for S&B's brand of non-corrosive primer. The number of Neroxins, their orientation, and their location on the headstamp are also used as a code to indicate the date of manufacture.

It represents a diamond ring, and was part of the S&B short lived "Will you marry me" line of ammo. Sadly, after a tragic series of misunderstandings, and accidental proposals, the line was discontinued. In its place, S&B is in the middle of rolling out a new line of scented ammunition, including the much anticipated "who farted" brown bullets.

Here is the press release

www.yeahnotreally.com

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

For what it is worth I was told that it indicates military ordinance ammo. have no idea if it is true or not. but it does look like the little device used to signify thinks that may go boom! :surprise:

The symbol is a "Neroxin" and represents a primer (circle) with an arrow striking the center of the primer. I believe Neroxin is the trade name for S&B's brand of non-corrosive primer. The number of Neroxins, their orientation, and their location on the headstamp are also used as a code to indicate the date of manufacture.

Spot on.

Look on a box of S&B primers.