Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case feeder?

Anyone figured any logic as to why my case feeder will get a piece of brass sideways in the funnel and it starts to rain brass if I'm not paying attention?

There seems to be no rhyme or reason ....I keep,the feeder clean......note a real problem....always keep multiple tweezers at hand...lol.

New style case feeder.....almost exclusively 9mm

Bench solid as a rock.

I use the bracing on the feeder......not attached to the wall ??

Murphy's law ......it happened again when I was loading yesterday AM......set of long tweezers ......excellent investment !!

I guess I should be thankful this is the worst thing that happens !!

I have a similar problem with mine. Never an issue when I loaded 9. Now that I load .40, it happens once in a while. Your brass sometimes falls upside down. Meaning, open end down. When it hits the drop chute, the heavier headstamp end flips down and the case gets stuck sideways.

Do you have the small plate in the feeder? Should be. If you have the large one, that might be a contributor.

Have you moved the plastic thing in the feeder that knocks the brass down? If not, move it to the other hole on the right. You probably have 2 holes up there. I called Dillon about mine. The tech said to drill a new hole about an inch to the right so the brass hit it sooner and fell into place sooner. It is not perfect, but works better.

You may also have to shave down the white plastic block so the plate moves freely under it.

In my case, it usually happens more often when there are fewer cases in the hopper. About then I am either getting close to done for the loading session or I lube up a few hundred and drop them in.

In my case, it usually happens more often when there are fewer cases in the hopper. About then I am either getting close to done for the loading session or I lube up a few hundred and drop them in.

That should be even easier to see then. Rotate the collator so you can set the drop tube into a box to catch the cases, just letting them drop through, and video the malfunction taking place. That will help us see why it is failing and you can't get it to fail, your bench is not stable enough and while loading the movement is causing the problems.

Edited by jmorris