Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended Magazine Release

Qoo

Hello Shooters,

what brand and model of the extended magazine release you are using on your open gun?

I just picked up my CK Arms Thunder two days ago and i would like to add an extended magazine release to the current release.

Thanks

The STI paddle is my preferred one.

As far as the weak hand hitting the button and causing. An unplanned mag dump...

I was experiencing this problem shooting limited. At area match I had something like 4 or 5 times that it happened. Uber frustrating as it just sort of came out of nowhere. I tried a lot of fixes... Turned out it was my grip. On close in agressive shots I was camming my support hand forward to the point that my palm was depressing the button. Even without a paddle. I started using a thumb rest, not for recoil control, rather to maintain consistent index. Have used a thumb rest ever since.

Have had people criticize me for "using a crutch" but I really don't care, it works for me.

So whatever paddle you choose, if you have mag dumps look at your support hand index.

Good luck, enjoy that new gun!

Edited by Ultimo-Hombre

I used to use a sti but my weak hand would occasionally drop my mag accidentally. I now use a dawson and it works great with no issues.

#2 for Dawson posi lock mag release and Dawson button.

Thank you both for the great suggestion, how about the Arredondo mag release button?

As far as the weak hand hitting the button and causing. An unplanned mag dump...

I was experiencing this problem shooting limited. At area match I had something like 4 or 5 times that it happened. Uber frustrating as it just sort of came out of nowhere. I tried a lot of fixes... Turned out it was my grip. On close in agressive shots I was camming my support hand forward to the point that my palm was depressing the button. Even without a paddle. I started using a thumb rest, not for recoil control, rather to maintain consistent index. Have used a thumb rest ever since.

Have had people criticize me for "using a crutch" but I really don't care, it works for me.

So whatever paddle you choose, if you have mag dumps look at your support hand index.

Thanks for sharing the experience, i am kind of looking for some sort of mag release button to help my strong hand thumb to hit the release button, my strong hand thumb is kind short. I am using the gogun gas paddle and work pretty nice for me.

Ah forget the haters! If you can use a thumb rest in your division, why not use every advantage you can? I have one on my Lim gun, I hate how snappy 40 is, and I find when using a thumb rest, it's much more managable. I'm no wimp, I'm a big dude with big strong hands and I have a strong grip, and without a thumb rest it's not too bad, but with it, I can track the sight no problemo.

Ah forget the haters! If you can use a thumb rest in your division, why not use every advantage you can? I have one on my Lim gun, I hate how snappy 40 is, and I find when using a thumb rest, it's much more managable. I'm no wimp, I'm a big dude with big strong hands and I have a strong grip, and without a thumb rest it's not too bad, but with it, I can track the sight no problemo.

Right on.

I shoot open now, so it is perfectly acceptable right ;)

Right on.

I shoot open now, so it is perfectly acceptable right ;)

Heck yes! I need one for my open gun too, although I figure with the comp 9 major shouldn't be THAT bad :roflol:

Heck, I use the take down lever on my XDm as a make shift thumb rest when I shoot production lol no one has given me a hard time yet, so why not? Game that sh*t!