Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idpa Grand Master

Joe D

Dick makes a very good point.

Being one who HAS practiced the classifier but not exclusively I feel it helped me make a lot of drills a goal instead of a mind numbing exercise. But in the over all scheme of things if you practice hard it can be a good way to test your consistancy and where u stand. say in 2004 i shot it in 86.. not i sure hope i can do better. my match performance has greatly improved that is for sure.

Hunter, Very good post. i meant to say that earlier but forgot and just Re-Read it.

Duane, while it's true you usually pick up other skills while practicing the classifier I would like to mention a local club where a 16 yr old gentleman got a gun, practiced the classifier, made master! but put in a scenario that was more than the classifier. he was in big trouble.. he has since become much more rounded. I won't mention his name but if he or his father is reading this I have a lot of respect for him and am only using this as an example to others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the requirement to shoot the classifier at least once a year is a move in the right direction but until there's a national database tracking that information it doesn't mean anything.

Some people want the GM created or a Pro class because they don't put the time in that those guys do at their craft to be competitive with them so they want another class so they don't have to. How many truly Pro shooters are there? 3 or 4? Sevigny works for Glock not as a shooter but as an employee. His "job" isn't to shoot guns all day contrary to popular belief. So the idea of a "Pro" class is a bit of a misnomer anyway.