Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder River Precision Extreme Trigger Kit XDM 9mm/.40 cal

Illmatica

As the title says I have the PRP extreme trigger kit. Love the reset, super light, never had any light strikes, HOWEVER, there have been several times where I'll pull the trigger and there will be sort of like a delayed fire. I'll literally pull the trigger, hold it against the wall/frame and it won't fire until half a second maybe even a second later. People point and laugh and stare at my recoil response anticipation and it's overall a bad time.

But seriously, WTF...I've read somewhere that you need to sand it down more than you think in case of cold weather which would make the polymer expand blah blah who cares about science, but I know I've sanded down the over travel stop enough and it doesn't get cold here (South Texas) so Idk what could be causing this.

Is this trigger more susceptible to dirt and grim being that some of the parts are lightened? Do I need to clean it more often than if it was stock (I never cleaned the stock one)?

Help me out, homies.

My XDM 5.25 9mm did that some times after I put the same kit in. What I found was that the recoil spring was to strong for the new trigger kit. It kept the slide just a fraction out of battery so when I pulled the trigger it made the slide jump forward first then the gun went off. I went to a 14LBS recoil spring and it fixed it.

My XDM 5.25 9mm did that some times after I put the same kit in. What I found was that the recoil spring was to strong for the new trigger kit. It kept the slide just a fraction out of battery so when I pulled the trigger it made the slide jump forward first then the gun went off. I went to a 14LBS recoil spring and it fixed it.

That seems like an easy fix if that's the case. I'm gonna try this, thanks.

Change springs if you want to but when I had issues with mine not going "bang" I just filed/sanded the stop a little more. (back track my posts on this subject)

Add some course sand paper and a file to the range bag for a cold morning mishap. Now that mine has been climate tested it runs perfect in all weather conditions. :)

Same exact thing; it was intermittent and it always happened in a match: when I did mine (a 4.5 XDM), I had to come back and shave a little more off the trigger. More than likely, you didn't shave it down exactly perpendicular to the trigger and frame, so instead of a hard stop, you have a soft slightly mushy stop where the elasticity of the plastic actually comes into play. I bet you have to sand some more.

Test if first with at least 25 trigger pulls/resets. I bet one or two hang up on you.

Keep taking material off until you get 100% clean trigger breaks.

• 3 weeks later...

And you didn't mention the ambient temperature when this happened. If it's ever likely to be below say 40F when you shoot, put the pistol in the freezer and keep sanding the over-travel stop until it releases the striker when it comes out of the freezer. Trust me on this.

JD