Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Setup

Rising Sight

My 14 year old son is getting a new Springfield XD40 so he can start shooting USPSA with me. I was thinking that he will probably be shooting Production Class with this gun and was wondering what would be a good setup for him. I'm not even sure what the magazine capacity restrictions are for Production. Is the power factor the same in Production as Limited10? Are there any provisions for youth shooters in this class?

Thanks

Once your son can make it through a course of fire with all alphas and good hits on the steel and can shoot good groups at 15 yds in slow fire, I would recommend getting a trigger job and better sights. The factory sights will work fine for him while he is getting his "match legs", and once he can shoot decent groups I would definitely get him a trigger job. Nothing will stunt his shooting growth like a heavy trigger when he is ready to go to the next level. When he gets to that level will be your call! Enjoy shooting with your son! Mine is 1 right now, so I will have to wait for awhile! B)

I recently decided to start in USPSA and got an XD-9 tactical (since I like and am used to an XD, and have a lot of mags) for Production. After studying things a bit, I got a Comp-Tac belt holster, Blade Tech dual mag pouches, and I use WWB ammo. I already had a 1.5" leather belt from Rafter S.

All works real good in Production. A trigger job and fiber optic sights should give me an unfair advantage.

Welcome to the XD club.

I have two and love them both.

Few tips When your ready for the trigger work Rich from canyon creek makes awsome smooth trigger and does 1911 and Xd only

www.pistol-gear.com has a good selection of acc. and a xd forum.

also http://www.hs2000talk.com/ is a forum dedicated to XD and you will find a huge amount of info.pics and mods. :)