Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

135mm STI mag tubes

EDA

My first STI, built by Les Baer because STI did not sell complete guns until later ,have the shorter mag. These would be the first gen and was before the Clinton ban. I remember ordering 2 more mags before Clinton was to sign the ban but was sent 10 rounders. I was to late evidently.

Hello: No benefit using the older STI 135mm mags since to get to the 140mm length you will need the old style base pads. For 9mm that can cause some problems with the follower tilting over. For the 40 it may give you a little more room but it may get hung up on the crimp at the bottom. Now for SVI tubes yes you can get more room in the tube buy adding the longer old base pads. Typically one more round for 9mm and 40. For base pads that I have are the Grams 7,8 or 11mm and Dawson's with pin or raised mag tube shelf. One of the benefits is that they can be used for prone stages with a short base pad that will fit your magwell. Thanks, Eric

I've pondered putting on TTI 7mm or Grams 7mm basepads to bring them to 140mm length.

I guess these mags are useful for those who have mag bans in their states as well.