Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Novak's (Handgunner Outlet) Trigger Job?

Tito

I have his trigger job on my 35. I really like it. Take up is about the same as stock but overtravel is pretty much non-existant. I asked Tom to set mine at two pounds because I didn't want any lighter (I know he can make them lighter). I had it done over a year ago and have fired a few thousand rounds without any problems

I know Tom and shoot with Tom, and have had him do his work on several different guns...Glocks, SIGs...I like the work he has done, as have folks at a number of other forums.

To each their own. My glocks are at 2, sigs obviously a touch higher. Tom takes the time to ask questions about how you shoot, what you shoot, your level, etc., so you don't necessarily get a "one size fits all" approach. I like that.

Folks who have handled my Glocks at matches are impressed with the work and many become customers.

anybody else try both (vanek and novak)?  i've only tried the vanek...i love it, but i'm interested in hearing from others that have tried both.

I got a chance to dry fire a Novak trigger alongside my Vanek trigger last week at a match in Topton, Pa.

The Novak was in a Limited G22 and the trigger was a aluminum replacement. My Vanek is in a Production G34.

Bottom line, long story short, not much difference between the two. Both were very light. Both had about the same amount of reset. The Novak had a touch less over-travel. I haven't played around with the overtravel screw in my 34, so I don't know if I can reduce the amount in my gun or not.

I've been shooting a Beretta in Production div with a Novak trigger for three years and it's really nice. I recently had Tom do a G35 trigger for me. I've got less than 100 rounds through it so far. Not enough for a full review, but it feels great!

splashdown