Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finger Pad versus Good Grip?

Frankly

I'm a newbie with XL hands and even with the larger backstraps the trigger falls on the joint. If I modify my grip I can get my finger pad on the trigger but it's a weaker, slower grip.

I've tried other Stryker-fired pistols with similar results. I have friends who shoot well with their joints, others have smaller hands. But I also have a target pistol with a custom XL wooden grip that puts my finger pad perfectly onto the trigger with excellent results so it's frustrating not to get closer with my 9mm.

What's the best compromise? I don't see any easy way to build up a Glock grip, and while my hands are large I am not that unusual, we're talking XL gloves, not mutant mitts.

I wear large gloves and use no backstrap on any of my gen 4 glocks. Perhaps try a para. They have huge grips and you can add panels to make them even larger. If you havent already try a gen 4 glock if thats your flavor with the large backstrap. That said. My finger position varies depending on the gun. My grip stays as similar as possible and i learn the trigger of each gun through lots of dryfire. My finger placement is also slightly different on stock glocks vs tuned trigger glocks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

First make sure your wrist is behind the gun aligned properly so recoil transfers linear to your hand and straight back. The slide should be in line with your wrist and forearm. Then use the pad of your trigger finger on the trigger, if your finger has to sit out of the gun a little that's fine.

And really the only thing that matters is that you can get a good straight pull on the trigger without disturbing the sights.

USPSA grip is more about recoil control and speed as opposed to bullseye type shooting. My goal is a consistent, high, hard grip with both hands that covers as much of the gripping area on the gun as possible.