Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Pull Weight For 1911

davidball

Yep, that gun was sweet. Sweet!

I totally agree that "nice" trigger jobs are as subjective as "pretty" girls. :P

Personally, I like a slide that's snappy, a frame that doesn't feel like a boat anchor, and a trigger with some feedback.

David, I run mine right around 3.0 lbs with a steel framed .45 single stack.  I used to run it lighter, but I found that I really have a preference for a positive "click" on the reset.

On my previous race gun, I had a 26oz trigger pull. There was plenty of positive return on the trigger, and I could easily feel the disconnector reset (the "click"). It all depends on how that light trigger job is done ;) I found that I did better with one in that range (vs the 22oz it started off at), as I needed a little bit more reset pressure to help me avoid trigger freeze at that stage in my development.

1.75 lbs works for me. Both in open and in limited. I've heard that 1.5 is the lowest one should go for reliability reasons. Had no problems with the light triggers and they've stayed reliable since I got the guns.

Regards,

Get the most comfortable, reliable and safe trigger pull for your gun. Once you get used to the trigger pull, everything would be fine.

Success in 90% hard work, 10% luck! :D Practice, practice and practice. With the same equipment until you get everything right.