Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FedEx lost my package...what should I do next?

Fedex has "lost" my package from Optic Planet. I contacted FedEx and they are "investigating" it. I contacted OP and they are telling me that I have to wait 2 weeks before they will do anything. What would you guys do?

Edited by MrRick

Fedex has "lost" my package from Optic Planet. I contacted FedEx and they are "investigating" it. I contacted OP and they are telling me that I have to wait 2 weeks before they will do anything. What would you guys do?

That is not reasonable. The standard is 48 hours. It is not uncommon for something to go missing in transit and then show up a couple days later. 2 weeks is ridiculous. I would tell them that if they want you to wait two weeks that you are calling your credit card company.

I deal with this issue every day at work.

I have had a couple issues with OP and in fairness they all were straight in the end but stuff like this is why I no longer order from there. Too many other decent folks to buy from.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Edited by ToddKS

Still fighting with them. Even after I got the confirmation email from FedEx that they can't locate the package, they still want me to wait. When my wife called them to tell them about the email from FedEx, the lady on the phone got rude with my wife and she hung up on her. I canceled the order and I already put a claim with my CC. Not doing business with them again.

Edited by MrRick

Still fighting with them. Even after I got the confirmation email from FedEx that they can't locate the package, they still want me to wait. When my wife called them to tell them about the email from FedEx, the lady on the phone got rude with my wife and she hung up on her. I canceled the order and I already put a claim with my CC. Not doing business with them again.

I would call OP back and immediately ask for a Supervisor. Calmly explain what has happened and report the previous person for being rude. . Most of the time you will get some sort of discount or they will send another right out. It depends on what was ordered also. I find being overly nice really works, no matter how pissed I am. The CC company does not immediately credit your account either. THE CC company will call OP and see what the published rules are concerning lost shipments.

It really sucks Fedx has a tracking number and it's insured and they can't find a package, but I will tell you a had a package make a deter to some country coming from Alabama to Ohio. They finally rerouted it got it, but it was a royal PITA.

• 2 weeks later...

Every time Fred's Ex "loses" a package of mine, and it has happened a LOT, I call them up, give them about 10 minutes to give me the run around and then tell them I am calling my attorney and I hang up.

Funny, every single time, the package shows up within 24 hours.