Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder Measure Dials

I just started using the Uniquetek micrometer dial for the powder measure on my 1050.

While the instructions seemed like a lot of info, I read them through twice, then followed them step by step. The install was not hard at all.

I really like using it. The settings repeat fine, and it works great for load development.

Plan on buying two more for .40 and .45.

Great product!

I just bought 2 of the little UniqueTek dials. The mounting was a piece of cake, it just took me 10 minutes to mount the both on my 550 and 650. They work smouth and easy.

Same here. The Unique Tec is definitely worth it, especially if you're into experimenting with different powder/loads/bullets. It's VERY precise after calibration and the Excell sheet is a hoot. For folk that don't have Excell, you can download Open Office (free) and use that spread sheet. It's compatable with Excell.

Bottom line, I love it. Waaaaaaay more than just a knob.

Bronson7

I have a uniquetek. Nicely made unit that has made adjusting between my minor and major loads much easier.

I do have a concern though. The whole unit is basically glued into the powder bar with loc-tite. Although the green loctite they provide is pretty strong, I'm worried that it will loosen over time, especially on a part thats banged back and forth with every stroke. Was thinking of drilling a small hole on the side and installing a set screw where the micrometer body inserts into powder bar.

I have a uniquetek. Nicely made unit that has made adjusting between my minor and major loads much easier.

I do have a concern though. The whole unit is basically glued into the powder bar with loc-tite. Although the green loctite they provide is pretty strong, I'm worried that it will loosen over time, especially on a part thats banged back and forth with every stroke. Was thinking of drilling a small hole on the side and installing a set screw where the micrometer body inserts into powder bar.

Syme, I wouldn't get too concerned by it. I'm sure the loctite they furnished is intended for the purpose. At my last job we were using loctite to hold some pretty wild aerospace stuff together in the R&D lab. Loctite makes several types of adhesive, some of which is downright incredible.

Bronson7

I would like to replace the "Bolt" on my 650 powder measures with something a little more accurate. Has anyone had any experience with the aftermarket adjusters. I found several on e-bay

http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/page/45029

and

http://www.mrdial.com/

are they any good and worth the money?

Any others out there?

I have one from Uniquetek on my 38 Super Comp set up. I like it . It is much eaiser to get the powder charge exactly where you want it. It also is very easy to go back to a previous setting if you change the powder or bullet.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my MrDial for an SDB. I like it. I can now record the powder settings for the brand powder I was using so I don't need to mess with guessing using the wrench.

Then I can use that as a starting point to further adjust the thrown powder on the scale with less hassel than just the plain bolt.

Anyway, it provides a nice feature the Lee microbar does, but I like the quality much better (of the whole dillon setup + MrDial).

My only real complaint about it is that it calibrated in octal (base 8) instead of Decimal.

Edited by hmp32