Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Southeast 3-gun Competition

I sent in my application weeks ago and haven't heard anything about it.

Is it filled up? Is it still on for the end of this month as planned? Is there a match hotel? How are the stages looking?

I heard the match may go one day or two days, but not sure which. Any info at all?

I sent in my application weeks ago and haven't heard anything about it.

Is it filled up? Is it still on for the end of this month as planned? Is there a match hotel? How are the stages looking?

I heard the match may go one day or two days, but not sure which. Any info at all?

Mickster

The match is on. Your in. Its not full and it's looking good. One day match. Saturday. No match hotel, but we have some options for you. Some semi serious distance on the rifle (around 320). I was cutting trees to give us a clear field of fire yesterday. Snakey

Give Jeff a call on the cell (256) 679 1139 if you need more than the basics on the website at SEShooting

Hope to see you there.

MHearn

Sorry so slow, been traveling a bunch and the rest of the time I am outside working on this match. It is on, there are still slots so ya'll come. Stages are looking better all the time. Rifle out to about 270 not 320, Mark's just scared. Actual round count is about 70 per gun, 10 slugs minimun. If turn out doesn't increase we will probably be able to finish on Sat, hopefully more apps flood in as I write this. Mainly run and gun, bring your fast shoes and your brain, you may have to think on one stage. Not planning on posting stages but they are all straight forward. If you are coming from the South you could stay in Gunterville, if flying into Huntsville or coming from the North Huntsville is a better bet, same time to the range either way, LaQuinta on University in H'ville is near many eats, I know there are two of them they are only about 2 miles apart, the one further NW is closer to food the other is usually just a little cheaper, slightly older. In Guntersville Holiday in is good, as well as any of the name brand chains, decent area, no worries, Top of the River has the best catfish I have ever had. Well gotta go build target stands and find more prizes, later.

jEff

[ Its not full and it's looking good. One day match. Saturday. No match hotel, but we have some options for you. Some semi serious distance on the rifle (around 320). I was cutting trees to give us a clear field of fire yesterday. Snakey

I am just curious.............what is snakey??? Does the mean the difficulty level is purposfully elevated and and subject to mistake on the part of the shooter??

Guy Hawkins

P.S. I missed the last shotgun match because of the weather and would sorely like to attend another match in your area.

Guy-

It means Jeff was trying not to step on snakes while setting up stages, i.e., copperheads, water moccasins, bull snakes, eastern racers, eastern diamondback rattlers, etc, etc. That's really why there will be alot of shotgun use! ;)

Guy

Like Harp said, I was referring to critters in the area. I was working on the long range rifle stage which crosses over a low lying area, swampy and snakey. I was cutting trees in that area to open up the field of fire. You will not have to go into this area to shoot the stage. The range is on high ground. No worries.

MHearn