Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frame to slide fit

DoBell

I'm hoping the picture posts ok, it'll explain what I'm talking about. It's a picture of a G22 slide on a G31 frame. You can see that the slide touches the receiver at the front.

A straight-edge laid on the receiver (with the slide removed) shows a pretty significant departure from straightness.

I also have a G22 frame, and it's straight as could be--a straight edge shows no departure of straightness, and the slide does not touch the frame.

Is this a problem, that the receiver is not straight at this point? Or should I just keep shooting and forget about the fact that it's not straight and the slide touches the frame at this point?

Thanks!

post-49108-0-33200200-1454966395_thumb.j

That is not a strange phenomenon. That same thing is currently occurring on a couple of my Glocks and they run just fine. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you start running into malfunctions.

Interesting. Thanks for the advice. The one that's "pig-nosed" has 100 rounds through it; the one that's straight has 10,000 rounds through it. I guess it's just random luck. I'll just keep shooting it and I will try to keep my OCD in check.