Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Harrisburg, PA North American sports show

Wondered if anyone had attended the Sports show in Harrisburg PA yet, we went yesterday, mainly looking for new items, such as the new Sig P320 target model with new trigger, the Sig Booth did not have it there, then was looking for the new Canik TP9 SFX in 9mm, this is the new Canik with a 5.2 barrel and the rear of the slide is milled out for a Red dot sight, Canik said they only saw 3 of them but did not have them at the show, also i looked at the new RCBS 7 station reloading press, i checked it out in the morning, looked ok, so i wanted to check it out on my way out, and the turret indexing linkage was broke, the design on the indexing looks like a nightmare, very light duty can easily bend with your fingers, i will stay with the DIllon for now. lots of AR stuff.

Chet

hi david

I enjoyed all the other sports related stuff, it was a nice day out, if looking for bullets Extreme has a big stand there. also if you are not a member of the NRA you can join or renew on line at the North american website and get a free admission ticket, and look under the NRA section

Chet

Fun show, there are some ammo sales there, no gun sales. Some equipment, but not everything. Lots of firearms if you are looking to handle before buying, you might find more options here than at any store or range. The 'other' sporting goods and Hunting trips are very well represented. You can easily spend a full day and probably more depending upon what you are looking for.

I drove almost 2 hrs from Philly and went just for the shooting stuff and didn't think it was worth it (I parked at the Harrisburg Mall and took the free shuttle to the show). I saw everything in about an hour and a half. If you're into everything that is there, shooting, fishing, archery, and hunting, then I think it is worth it.