Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Should USPSA adopt PCC?

DocMedic

Vote here:http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=228228&page=3#entry2548065

I'm a bit curious as I shoot both sports quite a bit ( Uspsa and outlaw 3gun) and maybe my view is a bit skewed. So Id figured I post here since are community might not venture in other parts of this forum as much as i do. What is your opinion as a 3gun community?

That thread went downhill fast.

I think we would more 3gun shooters especially the ones who hate shotguns

There are 2-gun matches out there that use pistol and rifle. http://peacemakernational.com/events?l=viewEvent&eventID=695

I have shoot an USPSA match with a carbine, it was a lot fun. The idea of a approved class would be great. I am not advocating for a 2-gun event, it would be a good bridge between the multi-gun sports. Not to mention include more military shooters who are not familiar with the pistols.

My point is using carbines with-in USPSA format is good for a great sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the idea to make a division within USPSA pistol matches for PCC? So you could sign up and shoot Lim, Prod, Open, L10, SS, Rev, Open Lite, or PCC?

That's my understanding, and also what's causing the dissent in my opinion. As a stand alone match, or as a 2 gun match I think it would be cool. I'm not excited about adding PCC on top of an existing pistol match.

My thoughts, in no particular order:

I doubt it's going to draw new competitors. Are there recreational shooters out there that are going to say "I've never cared for shooting a handgun, but now that I can use my 9mm carbine I'm interested in competing?" Not likely. Likely there are some shooters, like me, who just don't shoot USPSA pistol matches very often, who may decide to get back into it with a new division for PCC.

This leaves most of the participants for PCC as those shooting USPSA matches now, but in other divisions. I have no problem with "watered down" numbers in other divisions. I think it would be cool to see these little carbines used for something. And it may get some shooters that only shoot pistols now interested in long guns.

Finally we have the only other reason I can think of- BUY MORE GUNS! I'm all for this one too.

I'd like to see a time comparison, pistol versus rifle, by shooters who are good with each platform. I'm pretty sure I could get through 99% of the stages out there faster with the carbine versus a pistol. Another consideration, would standard capacity magazines be allowed or would only short magazines be the rule? I can get a new pistol caliber AR that takes Glock magazines. Would I be bound by the magazine length rule for a specific class?