Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian Limited Gun

Bill Schwab

• 4 weeks later...

Joe,

The gun is doing great. I only have about 400 rounds through it because I've been focusing on Open. I have had no malfunctions, and the barrel lockup is TIGHT. The gun shoots very accurately, as accurate as my two super accurate EGW 1911s. The major selling point to using Matt is his superb communications; he'll call and talk to you about things and try to get it the way you want it.

P.S. If you're looking for an Open gun I'll be selling my Caspian Open gun after I shoot it at the Nats.

Good luck.

Bill

Bill can wen get an update on how your pistol is doing? I am ordering a High cap Caspian frame for father's day and I would like to know how your gun is performing because I am thinking of sending it to Matt to have it built. Thank you

Bill, Thank you very much for the update. I have decided to have Matt build mine. I called and talked to him about it when I first saw yours. I told him that there were a few cosmetic things that I wanted done differently than yours and, like you said he seems more than happy to oblige.

No thanks on the open gun though. I just shot my first USPSA match the other weekend and though I have been shooting and competing in other matches for a while now I am going to have this gun built in 9mm for learning purposes. Later when I am good enough that the only thing keeping me from winning matches is the fact that I am shooting minor, I will have Matt build me one in .40 and turn this one into an open gun. Right now I am just not that good and since I can shoot the 9mm in so many other local matches and the ammo is so cheap, that is what I am going with.

Thanks again, Joe.

Bill can wen get an update on how your pistol is doing? I am ordering a High cap Caspian frame for father's day and I would like to know how your gun is performing because I am thinking of sending it to Matt to have it built. Thank you

You cannot make a better choice of gunsmith for competition guns than Matt McLearn. He's meticulous, stresses reliability, and the final product is just what you ask for.

To top it off, he's a nice guy, completely honest, and one heck of a shooter!

I have done the pro mag thing like Jim speaks of, I now have 10-20 round fully functional mags for the Caspian.

I would sudgest any one who has a desire to shoot a 40 Caspian hi cap, and has hesitated becouse of mags. DO IT!!! these pro mags work,

Here is my Craig Caspian Fantom:

post-3362-1118798520_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I ordered my frame and 3 mags yesterday from Caspian. As soon as they come in I will be sending them off to Matt.

Just thinking about this, Does anyone know if the promag can be made to work with 9mm? Thank you for the help.

Thank 9Major, I was just wondering if the other route saved a substantial amount of money? Also, can the factory mags be made to hold more rounds and still be limited class legal? I have seen alot about the Arredondo and other folowers and base-pads. Are they just made for .40S&W or are they available in 9mm? Thank you for the help.

I have seen several examples of Matt's work, it is awesome. (He is very meticulous and knowledgeable, and a really nice guy.)

Matt is putting a new top end on my open gun, I will post picks when I get it completed. (Mid to end August.)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my dream caspian has just been put on hold for the next couple of years! I got notified the yesterday that I will be going to Turkey for at least two years. From what I have heard so far, any firearms with a rifled barrel are not allowed in Turkey. So I called and canceled my order with Caspian yesterday. I figured whats the point of having it built if it will be sitting in a safe a thousand miles away for two or so years. I will wait until I get back and then re-order. Who knows, maybe by then someone will come up with a gizmo for the 1911 that will turn me into the best shooter ever :D

Would anyone happen to know if airsoft pistols are allowed into Turkey? I would really like to keep up my dry fire practice whole I'm over there.

• 3 weeks later...