Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CFE pistol?

3djedi

CFE pistol has been for awhile now. I'm curious how people are liking it for .40. Is anybody using it as they're primary go to powder? How does it compare to titegroup?

I tried a little when it first came out but haven't given it any serious experimentation.

It seems to work better in hotter loads. I've run it in .38 Super, .40 and am going to work up some loads in .357sig. It has burned clean for me and meters well in my Lee Auto Discs and my Dillon measures.

would you mind sharing your .40 loads? And what PF your making for a clean burn?

Thanks!

I remember when I was testing it would leave tannish color flecks around the barrel. I don't know if that was unburnt powder or what. kinda weird.

I am currently working with CFE Pistol (slowly, as I have time) to develop a .40 Open load for a Glock. I am working directly from Hodgdon's load data. The 135's are too snappy in the lightweight gun and there's too much gas for the comp. I have done a small amount of testing with 155's and will also get some 165's to test in this gun.