Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Minutes from the USPSA BOD meetings January 23-24, 2016.

pmd

I was just reading the Minutes and thought I'd share this here...

Minutes from the USPSA BOD meetings January 23-24, 2016.

Agenda Item: Steel Challenge classification system and rule update

Motion: The Board discussed Steel Challenge Shooting Association and found consensus on two positions: One that the 8 official Steel Challenge stages have value which should be protected in order to support the SCSA brand, but two, the sole use of those stages should not be viewed as a barrier for SCSA activity. SCSA-affiliated clubs may develop their own stages for use at Tier-1 SCSA matches as long as at least two official SC stages are included in the match.

Moved: A1 Seconded: A3 PASSED

What's frustrating is the section was titled "steel challenge classification system..." and they don't even mention the new system and if it will go into effect. After reading thru the full minutes I wonder if it will go into effect with the new website and more frequent classification updates.

What's frustrating is the section was titled "steel challenge classification system..." and they don't even mention the new system and if it will go into effect. After reading thru the full minutes I wonder if it will go into effect with the new website and more frequent classification updates.

Agreed. I know they had a ton of things on the agenda to discuss so perhaps, once again, steel challenge took the back seat to other discussions. Best thing to do is email your respective AD and Mike and let them know how you feel about it.

Honestly I'm about burned out on their BS. If they weren't going to implement a new classification system then they never should have voted to do it in the first place. Then to go a month past the date and still not discuss it pisses me off to no end. I wanted to go shoot the state match but after discovering they were not going to honor classifications by division what's the freaking point? The only way anyone could come back with a win would be to beat Max Michel. So much keeping it open to amateurs.

Honestly I'm about burned out on their BS. If they weren't going to implement a new classification system then they never should have voted to do it in the first place. Then to go a month past the date and still not discuss it pisses me off to no end. I wanted to go shoot the state match but after discovering they were not going to honor classifications by division what's the freaking point? The only way anyone could come back with a win would be to beat Max Michel. So much keeping it open to amateurs.

I hear ya. The total lack of communication from the BoD/HQ regarding the classification system has been a joke. I know several of us have asked questions and I don't think any of them have been answered. I know none of mine have.

Regarding MS State match I can see both sides of the coin. For SC State I set minimum thresholds for class recognition. As it turned out I think only C Production met the threshold to be awarded a plaque.

It almost makes you feel like they dont care about SC that much. So, some large matches don't recognize classes by division? What would the point be? I'm pretty sure I have a long way to go to knock that top 5% off the rankings....

It almost makes you feel like they dont care about SC that much. So, some large matches don't recognize classes by division? What would the point be? I'm pretty sure I have a long way to go to knock that top 5% off the rankings....

I get that feeling at times as well but I'm willing to hang in there for a while until Mike has a chance to get settled into his new position. One thing I really like is he's serving as our president full time so we should see things getting done much more quickly than we did in the past. My advice (not that anyone asked) is to email him and your respective Area director and let them know exactly how you feel.

As far as MD's recognizing classes - One thing I discovered is the rule book for SC is very lacking in regards to recognition at matches. Appendix A2 of the USPSA rule book outlines how division / class recognition works for USPSA matches. I used it as a guide for the SC match. I then emailed DNROI with my questions/concerns and plan for division/class recognition. In the end I went with 5 shooters to recognize a division and minimum of 3 shooters to recognize a class within a division. Several of the folks that shot SC state shot as unclassified (many thought their USPSA classification carried over to steel challenge). Fortunately they all have classifications in steel challenge now so hopefully for 2016 we'll have enough people to offer additional class awards. Even without recognizing classes within the division I still give out over 40 plaques but not a single one had my name on it :(.

Hey,at least you weren't 20 seconds away from a division overall win and run 2 strings with back to back squibs.... I'm still kicking myself... Talk about beating yourself...

I hate that for you. You can just plan to kick ass this year but do it in Single Stack or Limited as I'll be shooting open.