Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady lock n' load auto-drive

3djedi

I have never seen one, then again I have also never seen an LNL that was reliable enough to use one.

As a loyal LnL owner, I concur with jmorris. Too many stoppages to run without a close eye on everything. Unless maybe it had an "Oh S@#^!" button on it to shut the press down like yesterday.

Maybe I should change over to blue. Lol

What's the difference between the 650 and the 1050? Is it just a case and bullet feeder added to a 650 or is there more differences?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Maybe I should change over to blue. Lol

What's the difference between the 650 and the 1050? Is it just a case and bullet feeder added to a 650 or is there more differences?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

A swage for the primer pocket and dowel located shell plate being two that make he 1050 a more reliable option.

If you want to go fully automated, yes, a Dillon is the way to go. Bear in mind, the 650 really is not a "better" press than the LnL. The primary reason to use the 650 or 1050 for automation is because the Dillon handles cases in a much better fashion.

There are some fair comparisons of the strengths and weaknesses of the brands here:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=223095&hl=

Another plus for the 1050 is that it is only critical that you hit one end of the stroke with precision as everything happens on the up stroke of the ram and primer depth is adjusted with an Allen wrench.

Every other press except the Lee Loadmaster seat primers on the down stroke of the ram. So you would need much more precision to seat a primer to a certain depth in thousandths of an in rather than just index the machine +\- a tenth of an inch.