Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow vs SP-01 Question

insertgenericid

Unless there a reason to go docker I would say shadow is the better option. Better potential trigger. And my .02 would be go CGW for the work. Bad experiences relayed to me about AA and I have excellent direct service with CGW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless there a reason to go docker I would say shadow is the better option. Better potential trigger. And my .02 would be go CGW for the work. Bad experiences relayed to me about AA and I have excellent direct service with CGW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reset is slightly shorter on a shadow compared to a SP-01, but other than that the triggers can be just as nice. I've compared my SP-01s to custom shadows from AA and CZC and the triggers in my guns are as nice or nicer than the custom shadows.

That said, to get them that nice involved a lot of time and detail work. Unless you enjoy doing the work it's probably worth just buying a CZC or AA gun that's already had the work done.

Thanks for the replies. The interest in the decocker is to save a bit of money, because I'm more comfortable using it than lowering the hammer with my thumb, and finally because I want the slightly shorter reached in DA (stubby ass fingers). I'm not skilled enough to get that much of an advantage from the shadow's superior trigger.

Once trigger work is done. the firing pin block guns can be as good as a Shadow, just will a little longer reset.

Some different parts availability issues, but would be equally a good shooter.

I shot a firing pin block pistol for much of time shooting CZs.

Once trigger work is done. the firing pin block guns can be as good as a Shadow, just will a little longer reset.

Yep, just a longer reset (have to reset the lifter as well as the sear) and more SA takeup (can't run a short disco like a pre-B or one of the custom ones).

I presently run my .40 75B more than my Shadow.

Yep, just a longer reset (have to reset the lifter as well as the sear) and more SA takeup (can't run a short disco like a pre-B or one of the custom ones).

You can run a short reset disconnector in an SP-01. I've got the CGW short reset disconnector in both of mine, but a pre b disconnector can be fitted also. Edited by bthoefer

You can run a short reset disconnector in an SP-01. I've got the CGW short reset disconnector in both of mine, but a pre b disconnector can be fitted also.

Really? I thought that running a short disco (like a pre-B ) would not allow enough reset for the FPB lifter.

Edited by Walküre

You can run a short reset disconnector in an SP-01. I've got the CGW short reset disconnector in both of mine, but a pre b disconnector can be fitted also.

Really? I thought that running a short disco (like a pre-B ) would not allow enough reset for the FPB lifter.

You can, but the reset will not be quite as short as achievable in a shadow. I compete with my modified shadow and have a heavily modified SP 01 as a back up. The modified FPB equipped SP 01 is very nearly as good as the shadow. I ran about 1000 rounds through it a few months back in a Seeklander course and can say it is wonderful. But, I would advise that you buy a shadow first, a safety equipped SP 01 second, and a decocker equipped SP 01 a distant last. You can learn to drop a hammer manually with 100% confidence with very little practice. And, it is easier and less expensive to tweak a shadow than a FPB equipped piece. I'm betting you would have nearly as much in a fully breathed on FPB equipped SP 01 as in a tweaked base shadow. In addition to slight trigger advantages, and higher residual value, the shadow is easier to work on, eg if you want to remove the firing pin.

Edited by twowheels

Still not equal. Firing pin requires a longer reset for the lever. Edited by eerw