Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 MOS Dawson Sights?

Travis13

Hey guys, just got a G34 MOS and I had no clue that the Dawson sights I had already were gonna sit funny on the slide. It's my fault for not researching more. But I see that Dawson makes sights specifically for the MOS. My question is: With the 225 rear and 205 front they offer for the MOS, will the POA/POI be close? Anyone have any experience?

I don't know if this is helpful or not but I didn't want to buy a the taller recommended Dawson front fiber for my glock 24 as I had a spare standard set. It runs great and I like the POA/Poi. Just shoots a little high, but I adapted in one range trip.

Yeah that should work. That's the hight Dawson recommends for Glocks and has worked for me, although not the MOS sights, don't think that should make a difference. If they don't shoot to POA Dawson will give you a new front sight for free.

You do realize if you add an optic those sights will be too low to co-witness, right?

I have a MOS on the way and was planning on using the Dawson MOS tritium front and solid black rear with a RMR or Deltapoint. TheseDawson sights are night than normal supressor sights and should cowitness better with the optic, correct?

What happens with poa and poa when extending out in range a bit?

I have a MOS on the way and was planning on using the Dawson MOS tritium front and solid black rear with a RMR or Deltapoint. TheseDawson sights are night than normal supressor sights and should cowitness better with the optic, correct?

Won't having a dot and tritium in the same sight picture be rather busy? Your dot should be above the front sight. Just a thought.

Yes my understanding is the Dawson MOS sights are a bit taller than normal successor sights as the optic sits a bit higher on the MOS than if you had the slide milled.

I don't have an MOS, I had my slide milled, I'm using Ameriglo 3 dot suppressor sights and I don't find the dots distracting at all. I don't even notice the iron sights while shooting. Some have said they don't like the dots though so it's personal preference. You can always black out the dots with a Sharpie

Won't having a dot and tritium in the same sight picture be rather busy? Your dot should be above the front sight. Just a thought.

Well, frankly, I don't know. I can't see having a fiber optic given the dot and I would rather not have black on black so the white circle of the tritium with the red dot above seemed to make the most sense to me