Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My old Para gun

Steelix

I'm just starting to shooting again after a long time off. I have a Para 38 super double stack with a Clark barrel open gun, it's old just like me. I have been loading up some rounds with Federal primers and guns works fine, I changed out main spring to a ISMI 17# spring Federal still work but loaded some up with Sellier and Bellot and they don't want to go boom. I changed back main springs and both primers work. so my question do I put a longer firing pin like a Dawson Hyper drive extended firing pin and the 17# spring or just leave it alone, as of right now I have a EGW firing pin and not sure the main spring. Also I have 6 old magazines made in Canada, two are marked so those are practice as I'm not sure whats parts to get to rebuild them. And are the MBX Extreme mags any good, do they have a higher round count as i see there is two size's 140mm and 170mm.

Edited by Steelix

Also I have 6 old magazines made in Canada, two are marked so those are practice as I'm not sure whats parts to get to rebuild them. And are the MBX Extreme mags any good, do they have a higher round count as i see there is two size's 140mm and 170mm.

For your Para magazines, Arredondo have a performance pack with spring,follower and +3 base pad.

http://www.arredondoaccessories.com/category.cfm?cid=1001

Going to order the 19lb mainspring, I wanted to run the 17lb, also going to try Winchester primers to see if there like the Federal and work with the 17lb spring. I will also look into the rebuild kit for magazine, but not sure what magazine I have right now.