Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Outer Limits box transition times

danjordan78

I laugh at myself all the time:)

It's not any easier shooting from a chair. The advantage that people would pick up from the no time penalty on outer limits would be minor compared to the cost on the other stages. Shooting seated limits your transition swings, it's harder to control recoil, etc. It takes a lot more core strength to offset the loss of lower body strength and the ability to push with your legs and drive from the hips.

Lots of people have tried sitting down with me at the club. They all stand back up pretty quick:)

I admire Dan's opinion about his getting penalized or not. Everyone is not as talented as he is and I congratulate him.

I'm disappointed in all the people that want to get a wheelchair to game a stage. Do you laugh at handicapped people as well?

What is this world coming to?

No one's laughing at you ... Just don't understand why you want such a huge advantage against all other competitiors? I want competitive equity otherwise a 'win' means nothing ...

I'm not looking for an advantage. It's not like I have a chance to win, I just can't make it from box to box. If the RM wants to give me a penalty that's fine with me but I'd like to shoot according to the rules as they are.

It's not easier shooting from a wheelchair. Try to shoot the hole match from one. Transition times are going to suffer.

Since I'm shooting a revolver my major goal is to shoot the total match without having to do one reload. If I can do that I'll be a happy camper.

I assume no one means any disrespect to anyone. Let's not get too far off topic and stay away from personal issues.

Anyone that has times to contribute to the discussion, please feel free!

Thanks for everyone's input so far.

A rulebook which allows a RM to assign or not assign penalities at his own discretion is not a good idea ... It sets us up for all sorts of issues. We need consistency which we clearly don't have at the moment ...