Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rear sight options for Elite Limited

cakedog02

I'm looking for some advice on replacing the stock rear sight on my elite limited. What rear sight options are available for this pistol?

My research hasn't turned up much so I was hoping some of the Tanfo shooters here could point me in the right direction so I know what aftermarket rear sights are compatible with this pistol and available for purchase. Your help will be much appreciated.

I just tried to purchase the fixed rear sight from J&L, but their website would show an error during checkout. They must be out of stock or something. I'll give them a call and see if that rear sight is still available.

Edited by cakedog02

I flied the CZ TS fixed rear to fit, it's less than half the money and makes a good slide racker!

https://shop.cz-usa.com/productdetail/047007200706_fixed-rear-sight-tactical-sport

How does the u-notch in the CZ sight compare to the Henning one as far as depth and width? It's hard to tell from the pics but the u-notch in the CZ TS sight appears to be more shallow. I own a CZ 75 Shadow Custom with a fixed rear sight (amazing pistol). It's a great rear sight but my major gripe is that the u-notch is too shallow. I wish it was cut deeper. I own a couple of glocks and I installed the Taran Tactical sights on them. If you are familiar with that rear sight it will give some context to my preference for deeper u-notches. It really does make a noticeable difference in cutting down the time it takes to acquire your front sight.

Also, the Henning and J&L rear sight is angled to the rear and the CZ sight is vertical. Does that make any noticeable difference?

Edited by cakedog02

I'm looking for a new option as well. The pin in my rear sight ( Tanfo Limited ) that holds the top and bottom together has broken. I've seen this happen twice in my buddy's Limited. These factory sights blow. really wish there were better options.

What front sight height works well with the Henning fixed rear?

Henning recommends a 0.180" like the one he sells here: http://henningshop.com/products/tanfoglio-fiber-optic-front-sight-h101f-tl

What kind of hold does 0.180 provide? I prefer something a little closer to a 6 o'clock hold rather than point of aim/point of impact so I'm wondering if I ought to pickup a Dawson sight that's a little bit shorter.

The 0.180" combined with the Henning rear sight shoots at the top of the front blade at 15 yards with 180gr bullets. This is with a .40S&W Limited.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

No difference on the angle, but the notch is not very deep, that's what flies are for!

Do you know of a small, needle file of the correct width that would work to file down the depth of the u-notch of a rear sight? I have a set of 10 needle files made by Tekton and a harbor freight set of diamond needle files. Neither set has a file narrow enough to fit into the u-notch.

I've never filed down a u-notch so any advice you could offer would be appreciated.

I have a set of small files I inherited from my grandpa so I can't help there. Do you have a Dremel? You could use the cutting wheel if you have a steady hand.

Actually a fine tooth blade on a hacksaw would be safer than the Dremel wheel.

Edited by kneelingatlas

I flied the CZ TS fixed rear to fit...

I thought about about doing this but didn't know if it would be feasible. How much did you have to file off the CZ sight to fit it to your Tanfoglio?

~.012"

I assume you filed approximately that much off the bottom of the dove tail of the sight?