Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I made my own sight in targets

Chills1994

I had to butcher up 3 of the National Target Company ST-4's, and then do an old school cut and past, but I finally have what I want.

Here is the original ST-4:

p_644000002_1.jpg

This is what I pasted back together:

20151215_194115_zps9xjsnppi.jpg

You get a new scope and get it mounted. You want to go sight it in, so then you put four of them together, rotating them to get this:

20151215_194041_zpsmgv2ywqp.jpg

You first aim at the big central diamond to see if it even gets on paper at say 50 yards or 100 yards.

Make whatever scope adjustments for windage and elevation, and again aim for the bigger center diamond. And as you get it more dialed in, you can move your aim over to one of the smaller diamonds.

I started out pasting the various parts of the ST-4 targets to a piece of 8.5X11 paper. The local library has a color copier. I guess there is only so much printable area, so the librarian bumped it up to 11X17 size paper, and then I cut it out.

It is kind of a pain, but hey! I now have what I want.

The bonus is that the targets are now small enough to get 3 hole punched and fit into my 3 ring binder of reloading data.

Somebody on another forum was nice enough to draw something up in some program.

It looks like this:

target.jpg

And he uploaded it as a .pdf here:

http://www.googlepixel.com/images/target.pdf

When you print it out, it does have a white border around the 8.5X11 sheet of paper. You might wnat to cut it off???

Edited by Chills1994

• 2 weeks later...

I had to butcher up 3 of the National Target Company ST-4's, and then do an old school cut and past, but I finally have what I want.

Here is the original ST-4:

p_644000002_1.jpg

This is what I pasted back together:

20151215_194115_zps9xjsnppi.jpg

You get a new scope and get it mounted. You want to go sight it in, so then you put four of them together, rotating them to get this:

20151215_194041_zpsmgv2ywqp.jpg

You first aim at the big central diamond to see if it even gets on paper at say 50 yards or 100 yards.

Make whatever scope adjustments for windage and elevation, and again aim for the bigger center diamond. And as you get it more dialed in, you can move your aim over to one of the smaller diamonds.

I started out pasting the various parts of the ST-4 targets to a piece of 8.5X11 paper. The local library has a color copier. I guess there is only so much printable area, so the librarian bumped it up to 11X17 size paper, and then I cut it out.

It is kind of a pain, but hey! I now have what I want.

The bonus is that the targets are now small enough to get 3 hole punched and fit into my 3 ring binder of reloading data.

Just a thought, You should check into a local print shop to se what they would charge you to print up some for you. You could tell them if possible to use any blank scarp stock they may have on hand.

I work in the printing business and It is never ant trouble getting targets printed any way I want them. That way you can get the targets you need at the size you want without all the cutting and pasting.

Just a thought

Better yet find a local mom and pops print shop with a digital printer and furnish the paper and you may get a very good price on the targets

Edited by ghost21