Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many shooting bags are too many?

Wild Gene

How many shooting bags do you carry with you to a match? It seems like some guys look like they are suiting up for K-9 training.

I have four shooting bags that seem to cover several shooting positions. From Wiebad I have a Berry Bag, Mini Range Cube and a Pump Pillow, and a rear bag from Rifles Only. The Mini Range cube is excellent for shooting off a bench or prone, but I could probably get by at a match just using the Rifles Only rear bag.

wg

i used to carry a rear bag and half-sized pillow but now i just carry the st8laced rear bag.

due to a joint issue, i also carry a small bean bag that i only use between my ankle and the ground when shooting olympic style kneeling

i own a lot more bags. if i thought they were useful, i'd carry them. i really don't care what other people use. i think limiting the number of bags is stupid. let people use what they want.

Edited by taliv

Have you guys tried the Wiebad Tac Pack? Out of all my bags, this one seems to get used the most as a barricade bag, rear bag, arm support bag, you name it. Probably the most versatile out of all of them.

I was looking at that bag. Not sure why I went with the smaller Berry Bag, but with that and the pump pillow, I can cover a lot of scenarios.

wg