Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock extractor stuck

bmiller

I bought a gen3 23 police trade in. I am tearing it apart and cleaning it. I have the striker and extractor spring out of the slide. I am pushing down on the striker block plunger and the extractor will not come out. I bought a 22 and pulled it no problems. What do I do? Thanks!

Well I got it out. Sprayed it several times with carb cleaner and kept working it in and out. There was quite a bit of baked carbon inside. That thing was crusty! Shined a light down the striker tunnel, there almost enough brass down there to make a case. Amazing it still ran fine.

yup, carbon crud in the extractor and plunger, brass slivers on the firing pin bore spot face. Normal for Glocks.

And all cops have to clean their weapons after qualifications. The department armorer won't let his kids back out on the street with a dirty gun.

I only clean my upper once a year, as long as Glocks have the right amount of lube in the right locations, they pretty much run forever.

Almost ready to clean......

image37142.jpg

yup, carbon crud in the extractor and plunger, brass slivers on the firing pin bore spot face. Normal for Glocks.

And all cops have to clean their weapons after qualifications. The department armorer won't let his kids back out on the street with a dirty gun.

I only clean my upper once a year, as long as Glocks have the right amount of lube in the right locations, they pretty much run forever.

image37142.jpg

Mine was bad, but not that bad.

image37142.jpg

yes but depending on the state and agency. We qual out guys once a year and for many that is the only time they clean it.