Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guga Ribas vs. Safariland

wishfulshooter

I have been contiplating switching from my safariland 014 to a Guga Ribas holster. I have been shooting with the safariland land for over a year now and other then the bulk of the holster it has been an awesome holster. I have just been in a few shoots where you have to get down low or even on the ground and with the cant of the holster it is a pain. Other then this one issue(for me) is there really any pros or cons to switching?

I have shot with the Ghost, that does not have a barrel support, and not the Safariland 014.

If the holster is in front of your hip and not on your side, the Ghost without barrel support does not push on my leg as much when I squat since it does not extend as low as my 014.

I mount my holster slightly forward on my hip and it the 014 works for me, but in the past I have mounted it closer to my zipper and the Ghost would have worked best for that position.

I like the feel of the security of having the barrel support. Especially when I draw, knowing that if I hit the heel of the holster it will not spin the gun.

The new Ghost holster has a barrel support, I believe it is the Ghost One.